- Kitchen Services including Wednesday lunches.
- Refunds for tickets already purchased will be refunded at the office.
- Note: Coffee and Tea will be available in the lounge from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Tuesday Drop-In
- ON THE GO AGAIN – Bobbi and Gwen will contact members
Other Activities will continue under review until further notice. Activity leaders may communicate with you directly with updates regarding Activity changes. Let’s remember we are a social organization and as such we will continue to maintain our contacts and reach out to and support each other as we go through this together.
Thank you for taking precautions to protect yourself and others. We ask members to follow Public Health recommendations including staying at home if you have symptoms of a cold or flu or otherwise feel unwell. We also ask that you not come into the Centre if your household includes members who have cold or flu-like symptoms. Please note:
- The BC Ministry of Health now requires that anyone returning to Canada self-isolate for 14 days.·
- The B.C. Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry has recommended British Columbia’s call 811 if they have COVID-19 symptoms. The nurses on the phone line will not be able to diagnose people with the virus but will be able to provide essential information.
- ISLAND HEALTH https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/diseases-conditions/novel-coronavirus-information
- BC CENTRE FOR DISEASE CONTROL http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)
- BC OFFICE OF THE PROVINCIAL HEALTH OFFICER https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics
- PUBLIC HEALTH AGENCY OF CANADA https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
Corona Virus (COVID-19) Update
The CB 55+ Board is monitoring the BC Ministry of Health updates regarding the COVID-19 developments and recommendations. At this time we are not cancelling any of our activities but we will be assessing this daily. Note that regular activities are scheduled to continue over the school spring break. We ask members to follow Ministry of Health recommendations including staying at home if you have symptoms of a cold or flu or otherwise feel unwell. We will keep you informed of any changes.
Cordova Bay Elementary School: Family Day – Saanich Peninsula Lions Food Bank Donations
This year Cordova Bay Elementary School is sponsoring their annual Food Bank Donations project in conjunction with BC Family Day, February 17th .
CB55+ will be participating again in the School’s Food Bank Donations project by encouraging members to participate by dropping off donations and/or by making a monetary donation.
The Food Bank donations bin will be available for your donations in the School foyer from February 10th to 18th.
Donate Money: The Saanich Peninsula Lions Food Bank is a registered Charity sponsored solely by the generosity of the community, and receives no government funding. http://splfoodbank/donate
Thank you for making a donation to this worthy project.
Our organization is governed by a talented and dedicated Board of Directors. These fellow CB55+ members work to ensure that our organization is cohesive and effective in providing many, and varied programming opportunities for all of us to enjoy. They also work to ensure that all the requirements of a Non-profit organizations are met, and that our relationship with the School Board District 63, and the District of Sannich, are strong and progressive. The Board of Directors is a vital and exciting part of our organization.
The Board of Directors is structured such that there are a few vacancies each year that must be filled from our membership. This year there are 4 positions that must be filled by the AGM on March 31, 2020.
We are a strong organization with many talented and capable people. Our membership is 600+ strong. We have many members who could provide leadership as a Director on our Board , and join this vital team who works on the behalf of the whole membership.
The nominating Committee is encouraging and requesting that those who are interested in becoming a Director, or who know someone who would make a prefect candidate, please contact any of the Committee members for further information on the process.
Thank you for considering this opportunity.
Sue Melrose – Nominations Committee Chair
Our new coordinator for the Trusted Trades program is Elizabeth Carson. She can be reached at email@example.com .
Elizabeth is well qualified for this position and is very delighted to be chosen. She possesses good and reasoned judgement regarding the goals and guidelines of this program, has time to devote to the organization of the various categories.