Cordova Bay 55+ Association
IN THE EVENT OF A POLICE LOCKDOWN At Cordova Bay Elementary School:
- FOLLOW ANY INSTRUCTIONS which may be given by police.
CONTINUE WITH THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES:
- REMAIN SILENT.
- STAY INSIDE the CB55+ Centre.
- LOCK main doors into CB55+ from school foyer.
- LOCK two remaining exterior exit doors (master key from office required).
- TURN OFF lights.
- CLOSE all blinds.
- HIDE in a room or closet & lock the door behind you.
- MUTE electronic devices so they won’t ring.
- POSITION YOURSELF so as not to be seen from any windows that do not have blinds. Such windows are those in doors to kichen, Seaside & Courtyard Rooms.
- DO NOT MOVE and remain silent.
- DO NOT UNLOCK DOOR for anybody, even if they say they are the police.
- WAIT FOR POLICE TO UNLOCK THE DOOR to let you out. They will only do this when there is no longer any threat.
Lockdown conditions could last for minutes or hours, so be patient, quiet and calm.