In response to recent announcements regarding COVID-19 from Saanich Recreation and Public Health agencies, CB55+ is temporarily cancelling all Activities and closing the Centre as of today, March 18, until further notice.
AS A RESULT THE AGM SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 31 IS POSTPONED.
It’s important to be aware of our vulnerable members and to reach out to them with offers of support where possible. We will miss seeing each other but know that we will keep in contact with one another by phone and email to offer each other support as we go through this.
Public Heath experts say social distancing is not an over-reaction, especially within our demographic.
Keep healthy and stay safe.
For COVID-19 information please refer to the Island Heath information link below and the attached Patient Handout.
- Kitchen Services including Wednesday lunches.
- Refunds for tickets already purchased will be refunded at the office.
- Note: Coffee and Tea will be available in the lounge from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Tuesday Drop-In
- ON THE GO AGAIN – Bobbi and Gwen will contact members
Other Activities will continue under review until further notice. Activity leaders may communicate with you directly with updates regarding Activity changes. Let’s remember we are a social organization and as such we will continue to maintain our contacts and reach out to and support each other as we go through this together.
Thank you for taking precautions to protect yourself and others. We ask members to follow Public Health recommendations including staying at home if you have symptoms of a cold or flu or otherwise feel unwell. We also ask that you not come into the Centre if your household includes members who have cold or flu-like symptoms. Please note:
- The BC Ministry of Health now requires that anyone returning to Canada self-isolate for 14 days.·
- The B.C. Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry has recommended British Columbia’s call 811 if they have COVID-19 symptoms. The nurses on the phone line will not be able to diagnose people with the virus but will be able to provide essential information.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information about COVID-19:
- ISLAND HEALTH https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/diseases-conditions/novel-coronavirus-information
- BC CENTRE FOR DISEASE CONTROL http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)
- BC OFFICE OF THE PROVINCIAL HEALTH OFFICER https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics
- PUBLIC HEALTH AGENCY OF CANADA https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
Corona Virus (COVID-19) Update
The CB 55+ Board is monitoring the BC Ministry of Health updates regarding the COVID-19 developments and recommendations. At this time we are not cancelling any of our activities but we will be assessing this daily. Note that regular activities are scheduled to continue over the school spring break. We ask members to follow Ministry of Health recommendations including staying at home if you have symptoms of a cold or flu or otherwise feel unwell. We will keep you informed of any changes.
Cordova Bay Elementary School: Family Day – Saanich Peninsula Lions Food Bank Donations
This year Cordova Bay Elementary School is sponsoring their annual Food Bank Donations project in conjunction with BC Family Day, February 17th .
CB55+ will be participating again in the School’s Food Bank Donations project by encouraging members to participate by dropping off donations and/or by making a monetary donation.
The Food Bank donations bin will be available for your donations in the School foyer from February 10th to 18th.
Donate Money: The Saanich Peninsula Lions Food Bank is a registered Charity sponsored solely by the generosity of the community, and receives no government funding. http://splfoodbank/donate
Thank you for making a donation to this worthy project.