This group will meet at 9:30 a.m. at various Trailheads. We will do a brisk 60 to 90 minute walk on relatively flat ground. Weekly walks would be led by those involved. If you are interested, please contact Pat Bancroft at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Margaret Bates at email@example.com Everyone welcome.
– new ideas for walking routes are always welcome
– walks should be 60 to 90 minutes in length
– a notice regarding your walk should be sent to Pat on or before the Monday prior to your walk – please copy Margaret on your notice as she is Pat’s backup. The notice should include information about the length of the walk, the meeting location, the coffee location, and how to reach you
– maximum 20 stairs in any one place (some of us have knee and breathing problems)
– if snowing, walks are cancelled
– walks are scheduled whether rain or shine and the leader should be at the starting location
– if heavy rain, the group (who turns up) decides whether to walk or to go for coffee instead of a walk
– if you are unable to lead a walk, it is your responsibility to find someone to take your place and
to advise Pat and Margaret of this change so that their master lists are always up-to-date
– with vacations, other hikes, family, etc. we realize that you won’t be at some walks–no problem and no pressure
– if you wish to be removed from the distribution list, please contact Pat
Suggestions for walks: Playfair Park, Island View Beach, Cedar Hill Golf Course, Swan Lake, Wlk Lake, Langford Lake, Sidney, Dean Park, Cordova Bay, Broadmead, Behind Butchart’s Garden, Lochside Trail, Cordova Bay Ridge, Bow Park, Brentwood, Rithets Bog, Outerbridge Park, Cadboro Bay, Quadra Water Reserve, Sidney Airport, Cattle Point, Oak Bay, etc. NEW WALKS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME
February 23rd: Ardmore Neighbourhood
This Friday we will be walking in the Ardmore neighbourhood. The walk is a combination of chip trails and quiet residential streets. We will walk on the beach for a short distance as we return to the cars at the end of the walk. The walk is mostly level, with a moderate incline from the beach back to the parking area.
We will meet at the parking area for Coles Bay Regional Park at 9:30 am. From the intersection of McTavish Road and West Saanich Road, drive north and take the 1st road on the left – Ardmore Drive. Take the 2nd road on the left – Inverness Road. Drive approximately 200 m. along Inverness Road, and the parking area is on your right – Coles Bay Regional Park.
Coffee will be at the Roost, which is at the intersection of McTavish Road and East Saanich Road.
Peter and Judy Jeffrey.
Friday walks scheduled are:
- March 2nd Crosby
- March 9th Jeffrey
- March 16th Johannessen
- March 23rd McDonald
- March 30th Parton
- April 6th Pearson
- April 13th Mann/Simmons
- April 20th Clements
- April 27th Bonnor
- May 4th Wild
- May 11th Bancroft
- May 18th Holmes
- May 25th Dutton
- June 1st Sears
- June 8th Parton
- June 15th Crosby
- June 22nd Wade
- June 29th Childs