Looking at the Bird Sculptures at Esquimalt Lagoon
Pictures from the walk along Windsor Park/Oak Bay Centennial Trail
Great group of stalwart walkers
Feb. 8, 2019
Camus Blooms in Playfair Park UVIC Gardens
Feb. 19/19 May 2019
This is a year-round activity for its 40+ members. If you are interested in participating in our 60 to 90 minute walks on relatively flat surfaces with a maximum of 20 consecutive stairs, please contact Pat Bancroft at 250-380-2411 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Margaret Bates at 250-544-2177 or email@example.com. Walks are scheduled on Friday mornings at 9:30. All members take turns in leading a walk, providing information a week in advance of the meeting location for the walk, and reserving a coffee location.
– new ideas for walking routes are always welcome
– walks should be 60 to 90 minutes in length
– a notice regarding your walk should be sent to Pat on or before the Monday prior to your walk – please copy Margaret on your notice as she is Pat’s backup. The notice should include information about the length of the walk, the meeting location, the coffee location, and how to reach you
– maximum 20 stairs in any one place (some of us have knee and breathing problems)
– if snowing, walks are cancelled
– walks are scheduled whether rain or shine and the leader should be at the starting location
– if heavy rain, the group (who turns up) decides whether to walk or to go for coffee instead of a walk
– if you are unable to lead a walk, it is your responsibility to find someone to take your place and
to advise Pat and Margaret of this change so that their master lists are always up-to-date
– with vacations, other hikes, family, etc. we realize that you won’t be at some walks–no problem and no pressure
– if you wish to be removed from the distribution list, please contact Pat
Suggestions for walks: Playfair Park, Island View Beach, Cedar Hill Golf Course, Swan Lake, Wlk Lake, Langford Lake, Sidney, Dean Park, Cordova Bay, Broadmead, Behind Butchart’s Garden, Lochside Trail, Cordova Bay Ridge, Bow Park, Brentwood, Rithets Bog, Outerbridge Park, Cadboro Bay, Quadra Water Reserve, Sidney Airport, Cattle Point, Oak Bay, etc. NEW WALKS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME.
December 13th — Ardmore Neighbourhood
The walk is along residential streets and linking trails, mostly flat with slight uphills, and will take about 1 hour and 15 minutes. We will meet at Coles Bay Regional Park at 9:30 am., and coffee will be at the Roost afterwards.
Directions to Coles Bay Regional Park:
1) Take Pat Bay highway to McTavish roundabout; follow McTavish; turn right onto West Saanich Road; turn left onto Ardmore (by Ardmore Golf Course); turn left onto Inverness and turn right into parking lot for Coles Bay.
If you prefer to avoid the McTavish roundabout:
2) Take West Saanich Road to Ardmore, then same directions as above.
Hope to see you on the walk,
Peter and Judy Jeffrey
Friday walks scheduled are:
- December 13th Jeffrey
- December 20th Johannessen
- December 27th Lidstone