This group will meet at 9:30 a.m. at various Trailheads. We will do a brisk 60 to 90 minute walk on relatively flat ground. Weekly walks would be led by those involved. If you are interested, please email Pat Bancroft at: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 23rd — Banfield Park to West Bay Marina
We will meet outside the Victoria West Community Centre at 9:30 am. The address is 521 Craigflower Road. There are two parking lots we can use. If walkers are coming from the Bay Street Bridge the first parking lot is immediately past the Chinese/Chicken on the Run restaurant on the right side of the road and the second parking lot is just past the Community Centre on the right side of the road.
We will walk through Banfield Park to the Galloping Goose and then follow trails all the way to West Bay. We can stop for coffee at Cafe Fantastico on the goose about 10 minutes from the end of our walk.
I imagine with a half hour stop for coffee it should take about 2 hours. It looks like it should be a gorgeous day if we can believe Environment Canada!
Friday walks scheduled are:
- June 23 Banfield Park to West Bay Marina Monahan
- June 30 Cordova Bay Parton
- July 7 Lower Mt. Doug Bancroft
- July 14 TBA Harrison
- July 21 Lochside Trail McDonald
- July 28 Gowlland Tod Trail (behind Butchart’s) Bates
- August 4 Maplewood area Arduini
- August 11 Broadmead area Pearson
- August 18 Cadboro Bay area Johannessen
- August 25 Cordova Bay Ridge Childs
- September 1 Cedar Hill Golf Course Clements
- September 8 Sidney Airport Wade
September 15 Beaver Lake Sears
September 22 TBA Crosby