Looking at the Bird Sculptures at Esquimalt Lagoon
Pictures from the walk along Windsor Park/Oak Bay Centennial Trail
Great group of stalwart walkers !
Feb. 8, 2019
Participation in this group continues to rise. This is a year-round activity for its 40+ members. If you are interested in participating in our 60 to 90 minute walks on relatively flat surfaces with a maximum of 20 consecutive stairs, please contact Pat Bancroft email@example.com or Margaret Bates firstname.lastname@example.org . Walks are scheduled on Friday mornings at 9:30. All members take turns in leading a walk, providing information a week in advance of the meeting location for the walk, and reserving a coffee location.
– new ideas for walking routes are always welcome
– walks should be 60 to 90 minutes in length
– a notice regarding your walk should be sent to Pat on or before the Monday prior to your walk – please copy Margaret on your notice as she is Pat’s backup. The notice should include information about the length of the walk, the meeting location, the coffee location, and how to reach you
– maximum 20 stairs in any one place (some of us have knee and breathing problems)
– if snowing, walks are cancelled
– walks are scheduled whether rain or shine and the leader should be at the starting location
– if heavy rain, the group (who turns up) decides whether to walk or to go for coffee instead of a walk
– if you are unable to lead a walk, it is your responsibility to find someone to take your place and
to advise Pat and Margaret of this change so that their master lists are always up-to-date
– with vacations, other hikes, family, etc. we realize that you won’t be at some walks–no problem and no pressure
– if you wish to be removed from the distribution list, please contact Pat
Suggestions for walks: Playfair Park, Island View Beach, Cedar Hill Golf Course, Swan Lake, Wlk Lake, Langford Lake, Sidney, Dean Park, Cordova Bay, Broadmead, Behind Butchart’s Garden, Lochside Trail, Cordova Bay Ridge, Bow Park, Brentwood, Rithets Bog, Outerbridge Park, Cadboro Bay, Quadra Water Reserve, Sidney Airport, Cattle Point, Oak Bay, etc. NEW WALKS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME.
February 15th — Lochside Trail — WALK IS CANCELLED
The weather map looks like it will be somewhat warmer by then (5 C.) and maybe rain showers. If we are lucky there may be a bit of sun leftover from Thursday. We will meet in the parking lot of the Gorge Park at 9:30 am. and walk for about 1/2 hour or until it feels right to turn around. Then back to the parking lot. The coffee shop on Gorge Road (Gorgeous Coffee) has changed hands and the nice man with the nice food is no longer there. So – we will get in our cars and head for the Tillicum Mall Starbucks – lower level at the London Drugs entrance. OR – there are other options in the Mall.
It is a more or less flat walk with benches along the way and washrooms at each end. Hope to see you there.
Please call Deidre (250-896-9213) if you need further information.
Margaret Bates will be filling in for me from March 4th to 27th so please ensure you send her your writeups if you have the March 8, 15, 22 and 29th walks. (email@example.com or 250 544-2177)
Friday walks scheduled are:
- February 15th CANCELLED Mann/Simmons
- February 22nd Parton
- March 1st Pearson
- March 8th Reid
- March 15th ????
- March 22nd Sears
- March 29th Tobacco/Tweten
- April 5th Wilde
- April 12th Assidi
- April 19th Bancroft
- April 26th Bates/Hughes
- May 3rd Bishop
- May 10th Bonnor
- May 17th Childs
- May 24th Harrison
- May 31st Cownden
- June 7th Dutton/Greig
- June 14th Holmes
- June 21st Jeffrey
- June 28th Greig/Jergens
- July 5th Johannessen
- July 12th Lidstone
- July 19th McDonald
- July 26th Mann/Simmons
- August 2nd Parton
- August 9th Pearson
- August 16th Reid
- August 23rd Robertson
- August 30th Sears